Full-time students and staff with IHP sports membership (principal cardholders) of HKU wishing to use the IHP online booking system can do so through the HKU Portal http://www.hku.hk/portal. On entering the portal, click "Campus Information Services" → "Services Departments" → "Institute of Human Performance → "Sports Facilities Booking". Then, click on the activity that you wish to play, pick the venue and choose the date for making an individual booking.
- Table tennis tables, badminton and tennis courts (max. no. of user per venue is 4)
- Squash court (max. no. of user is 2)
- Billiard room
- Multi-purpose areas (basketball/volleyball/netball/5-a-side soccer - min. no. of user is 6)
- Combat room
- Dance studio
- Golf driving bays
- Golf sand bunker & putting green
- Outdoor Court
- Softball pitching machine (min. no. of user is 2; max. no. of user is 6)
- Swimming pool (No booking is required)
- Fitness room# (No booking is required)
#Must possess the Fitness Centre User Card before using the facility, please visit the following link for further information:
Availability of sports facilities can be viewed by clicking the following link: https://ihp.hku.hk/ihpbooking/servlet/IHP_Booking/showActivityList1. This link will be displayed on the IHP website: Facilities and Membership > Sports Facilities Availability.
- Full time student and staff with IHP sports membership (principal cardholders) of HKU are permitted to book IHP facilities via the bookings system, by telephone (verification of identity is required) or in person.
- Individuals will be limited to a maximum of 7 advance bookings within 7 days. Individuals may, however, use additional sessions if they turn up in person at the sports centre reception counter and use facilities that are available at the time (walk-in booking).
- Individual bookings are counted as one hour session for each.
- Individual is not permitted to make more than one advance booking at the same facility per day.
- Online booking can be made between 06:30-22:30 daily.
- In-person and telephone bookings can be made daily between 07:30-22:30 at both Flora Ho and Stanley Ho Sports centre reception counters.
- Bookings are accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Individuals who wish to make bookings for Volleyball, Basketball, Netball, 5-a-side soccer must have a minimum of 6 participants.
- The allocation of courts for badminton will be made on a sequential basis when bookings are made (court 1>court2>court3 etc.)
- Equipment will be set up before members use the facilities. For bookings involving complex set up please allow 5 minutes set up time at the beginning of your booking.
- Daily check-in sheets will be displayed at the remote tennis courts (Robert Black/High West). These courts can be booked on-line. Individuals who wish to make walk-in bookings must phone Flora Ho Sports Centre reception counter (28173768) to obtain a reference number so that they can fill in the appropriate details on the daily check-in sheets when they arrive to play.
- Normally, a floodlight fee of $25 per hour will be charged to individuals who book the tennis courts after 18:30. This charge is payable when checking-in to use the court. Please note that subject to weather conditions and the IHP.s discretion, floodlight can be switched on earlier than 18:30 upon users. request and payment of the fee required. Likewise, the IHP would request users to pay for and use the floodlight earlier than 18:30 when the Institute finds the weather condition (e.g. on a very dark cloudy day) is unsafe for users to use the tennis court without floodlighting. The IHP reserve the right of barring individuals from using the tennis courts if they do not adhere to the Institute.s floodlighting arrangement.
- Full time student and staff with sports membership are permitted to invite a maximum of 4 guests per visit / per 1-hour activity session at $25.00 per head to use the sports facilities. During visits to sports centre, students and staff should keep and take good care of the payment receipt of the guest ticket(s) at all times for checking by the IHP staff as and when necessary.
- Guest tickets for remote tennis courts (at High West and Robert Black College) can be purchased in advance from the Flora Ho Sports Centre reception counter. Up to 10 tickets can be purchased at any one time. Users are required to write down the guest ticket number at the relevant timeslot on the booking sheet and keep the ticket for on-site checking by IHP staff upon request.
- Before using a facility the individual that has booked the facility is required to check-in in person and produce their membership cards at the reception counter.
- Check-in must be made for each individual booking.
- Check-in for bookings can only be make between 120 minutes before the starting time of a booking to 15 minutes after the starting time of the booking.
- Courts that have not been checked in will be reallocated to other users 15 minutes after the starting time of the booking.
- For remote tennis courts, the user is requested to sign and write down the booking reference no. on the bookings sheets made available at the court.
- Users who fail to check-in for a booking will be subject to a $50 NO SHOW fine. All existing and future bookings will be suspended until the fine is paid.
- Check-in but not using facilities will be treated as a no show case and is subject to the same penalty. E-mail notification of such violation will be sent to the hirer by the system.
- Payment of the no-show fine should be made at the Flora Ho or Stanley Ho Sports Centre reception counter within 7 days from the date of the no-show fine notification e-mail. If you wish to make an appeal against the fine, please reply directly to the no-show fine notification e-mail, stating clearly the reasons within 7 days from the issuing date of the e-mail for IHP’s consideration.
- No appeal against the no-show fine will be accepted after 7 days from the date of the no-show fine notification e-mail and / or after the no-show fine has been settled.
Edit/Cancellation of bookings
- When members have to amend any of their confirmed bookings, they can do so by making a new booking first and they will be prompted to select one of the confirmed bookings to be replaced by the new one. Amendment must be done with at least 24 hours in advance via the booking system, by telephone or in person.
- Members who cannot take up bookings should cancel their bookings via the booking system, by telephone or in person at the relevant sports centre: Stanley Ho Sports Centre (28194427) or Flora Ho Sports Centre (28173768) at least 24 hours in advance.
- In case of unstable or bad weather, members are required to call the relevant sports centre to confirm whether the facilities have been closed.
Regulations in case of system failure
In the situation where the booking system has come to a halt due to network/host server problems, members must adopt the following procedures-
- If the booking system is unavailable, then individuals may book facilities on a walk-in basis only.
- No advance bookings will be taken until the system has been restored.
- Members with outstanding bookings will still be able to use the facilities at the time that they had originally booked. Check-in must be made in person at the sports centre reception desks.
- Cancellation of bookings must be made by telephone or in person.
Further information or clarification of the above, may be obtained from the Flora Ho reception counter at 28174046 and SHSC reception counter at 28195450.