All applications for hire of the facilities shall be made to the Assistant Director on the appropriate application form at least one week before the proposed date of hiring except in circumstances approved by the Director of the IHP. The person by whom the form is signed must be over 18 years of age and shall be deemed to be the hirer. The IHP reserves the right to refuse any application for the use of the facilities or to cancel a letting.
The University sports facilities include:
- Flora Ho Sports Centre, 111-113 Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong
- Stanley Ho Sports Centre, 10 Sha Wan Drive, Hong Kong
Rules and Regulations
- Application and Payment
- Duly completed application form shall be submitted to the Assistant Director of the IHP via Fax (28550344) or by mail to Institute of Human Performance, 111-113 Pokfulam Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, at least one week before the requested date of hiring unless there is a prior approved from the IHP Director.
- The person who signs the application form must be over 18 years of age and shall be deemed to be the hirer.
- Hiring charges must be settled on or before the hiring date by company cheque, credit card or deposit directly to our bank account. Official receipt will be issued via mail.
- For crossed cheque payment, only company cheque is acceptable. Please make payable to “The University of Hong Kong”, write down the booking reference number and the name of hirer at the back of the cheque and send it to Institute of Human Performance, 111-113 Pokfulam Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong.
- For credit card payment method, hirer can opt to settle the fee(s) through the payment terminal at the sports centre’s reception counter or through direct debit. For the latter option, hirer please also fills in the Credit Card Direct Debt Authorization Form.
- By Direct Deposit to The University of Hong Kong, please deposit amount to the bank account no. 004-002-222834-001 of The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banging Corporation Ltd. Please indicate the booking reference number and the name of hirer on the receipt slip. Original copy of the receipt slip has to be sent to IHP on or before the hiring date.
IMPORTANT: The IHP does not accept payments via e-banking, phone-banking or any other payment methods (e.g. deposit a cheque in a bank’s drop-in box) by which there is no bank-in / deposit slip issued.
- The person-in-charge as stated on the application form should present a confirmation letter issued by the IHP when they check-in at the reception counter of the Sports Centres.
- Hirers please note that the time required for venue set-up and pack-up performed by the IHP staff will be subsumed in the booking timeslot. Unless with the prior waiver given by the IHP, hirers wish to make additional request for equipment after IHP’s issuance of booking confirmation please settle the hiring charges plus 10% surcharge at the reception counter. The payment can be settled by cash, octopus or credit card and receipt will be issued right after the payment is made.
- Debit Note on outstanding costs will be issued to hirers after the booking date for any additional hiring sessions or other relevant charges.
- In the event of any loss of or damage to the equipment, the hirers shall be liable for the replacement or repairing costs.
In the event of any loss of or damage to the equipment, the hirers shall be liable for the replacement or repairing costs.In the event of any loss of or damage to the equipment, the hirers shall be liable for the replacement or repairing costs.
- The IHP reserves the right to turn down any booking application for the use of sports facilities or to cancel an approved application.
- To avoid damage to the grass pitches, the fields will be closed when pitches are flooded or the pitch surface is waterlogged that makes the pitches unfit to play.
- The Facility Manager or his/her representative has the right to close any sports facilities without prior notice in the event of adverse weather, or when black rainstorm warning or typhoon No. 8 signal or higher is issued.
- The IHP reserves the right to cancel a booking at any time without prior notice in the event of adverse weather or other emergencies. Should a booking be cancelled due to the aforesaid conditions, a make-up booking will be arranged for the hirers within one month.
- Hirers can contact the reception counter concerned [Stanley Ho Sports Centre (Tel: 28195450); Flora Ho/Lindsay Ride Sports Centre (Tel: 28174046)] to check the booking situation when there are adverse weather conditions.
- In the event of cancellation by the hirer, any charges paid are not refundable. The hirer may seek the permission of the Assistant Director to postpone the event to another date without incurring any additional cost.
- Hirers that fail to inform the IHP of booking cancellations within one week (7 days in advance) of their booking(s) will be charged a cancellation fee equivalent to the total cost of the original booking charge. Hirers that fail to pay the cancellation charge will not be permitted to make any future bookings at the IHP until the fee has been paid in full.
- Insurance and Legal Liability
- Users have to take good care of their own personal safety when participating in any activities at the Sports Centres. The IHP and/or the University will not be responsible for any liability in the event of personal injury or death which is caused by the users’ own negligence or dangerous act.
- The University of Hong Kong shall be indemnified against
- any liability which, notwithstanding the provisions of this clause, the University may incur in respect to any death or personal injury (otherwise caused by the negligence of the University or its employees) or any damage to, loss or theft of any properties belonging to the hirers or any other persons;
- all claims and liability caused or incurred by the University of Hong Kong arising out of any non-observance or non-performance of the terms of these conditions of hire by the hirers or their agents; and
- all claims, actions, proceedings, liabilities, losses, damages, demands, charges, costs and expenses of whatsoever nature arising out of or resulting from the use of the said facilities.
- The hirer shall maintain an adequate policy of insurance to cover any liability which they may incur to the University of Hong Kong under the terms of this clause and shall produce written evidence of that policy of insurance to the University if requested to do so.
- Qualified first-aiders shall be on duty at the Sports Centre and first-aid kits are also available for treating minor injuries. In case of serious injuries, hirer can call the following numbers for assistance: Stanley Ho Sports Centre - Tel: 28195450; Flora Ho/Lindsay Ride Sports Centre - Tel: 28174046.
- Hirers should take good care of their personal belongings and properties. The IHP and The University of Hong Kong shall not be responsible for any loss of or damage to their personal belongings and properties. VALUABLES SHOULD NEVER BE LEFT UNATTENDED ANYWHERE AT THE SPORTS CENTRES.
- Users, Identification and the Right of Entry
- Hirers should ensure that all participants are their bona-fide guests. The hirers shall be held responsible for their participants’ behavior and conduct.
- The hirers should ensure that their participants do not use any facilities at any times other than those specified in their booking application.
- Car Parking Policy
- There are car parking facilities at the Stanley Ho Sports Centre (81), Flora Ho Sports Centre (22) and the Lindsay Ride Sports Centre (8).
- Due to limited number of car parking spaces available at the above-mentioned Sports Centres, any request for car parking spaces has to be submitted to Facility Manager for consideration and pre-registration at least 4 working days before the booking date.
- Car parking spaces will only be provided to the pre-registered cars and the provision will be on a first-come, first-serve basis, and is subject to car parking fees.
- Changing Rooms and Lockers
- Locker facilities are available in the changing room area for the hirers’ and their guests’ use. Users need to insert into a locker a $5 dollar, which will be returned to users after use. Any person who lose or damage a locker key will be subject to a compensation charge of $200.
- If hirers wish to report any hygiene problems of changing rooms, please contact the receptionists or attendant staff of the IHP.
- Public Address System
- The P.A. System is available only for use in large events or athletics meets. To use the system, prior approval must be sought from the Facility Manager.
- Hirers can use the P.A. System provided by the IHP but are not allowed to bring along and use their own P.A. System.
- The P.A. System shall ONLY be used for "formal announcements" which form part of a ceremony or event. No music shall be played through the P.A. System. Formal announcements normally refer to opening / closing speech or those in relation to logistical arrangement or rundown of an event. Commentary, cheering for an event and the like are not regarded as formal announcements and they should not be made through the P.A. System. IHP staff reserves the right to stop the P.A. System service should hirers do not comply with this. In the event of a dispute over the interpretation of formal announcements, the final decision lies with the IHP.
- The volume of the P.A. system will only be controlled by the IHP staff. Outfield speakers will be switched off unless they are needed for athletics field events or relays.
- Marching bands and live music are prohibited in the Sports Centres if there is no prior permission of the Facility Manager.
- Only under exceptional circumstances, (e.g. grandstand full of spectators and windy conditions) and with the approval of the Facility Manager or his/her representative can the volume of the outfield speakers be turned up.
- The earliest time for using P.A. System is 8:30am. On Sundays and Public Holidays, the P.A. system may not be used before 10:00am except such is with the prior permission of the Facility Manager.
- Battery-powered megaphones can be used at smaller events. Hirers can hire megaphones from our center at cost. Like the P.A. System, hirers are not allowed to bring along and use their own megaphones.
- General Conduct
- Hirers are responsible for crowd control as necessary during the timeslots they have booked for.
- Use of bells, sirens, clappers and other instruments which produce high level of noise are prohibited in the Sports Centres. IHP staffs reserve the right to confiscate these items if they are used.
- Hirers are responsible for controlling the noise level below 70 decibels during their whole event or else the IHP staff will stop the event immediately. Hirers are strongly advised to draw the attention of all of their audiences, participants, Master of Ceremony and any other parties concerned to this.
- Willful destruction of University’s, public and/or private property will not be tolerated. Any persons who commit vandalism shall be held responsible for all legal liabilities and damages.
- Any behaviors that affect the safety of Sports Centre users will not be tolerated. IHP staffs are authorized to ask any hirers/users to leave the Sports Centres if they are found causing dangers to others.
- Hirers are responsible to make sure that their participants using the sports facilities are properly dressed and wear suitable footwear. The Facility Manager or his/her representative reserves the right of final decision on such matters.
- Only non-marking sports shoes are allowed in the Sports Centres. Jumping / running shoes with spikes longer than 7mm are not allowed on the athletics tracks.
- No cycling is permitted on the surfaces of any sports facilities. Cycling is only allowed on the pathways and access roads within the Sports Centres. Bicycles should be parked at the rack provided in the Sports Centres.
- Except guide dogs for the blind, no dogs or other pets are allowed in the Sports Centres without the prior permission of the Facility Manager.
- Hirers are responsible for clearing all litter from the facilities / areas they have ever used before leaving.
- No smoking is permitted within the Sports Centres.
- Food and Drinks
- Water or sports drinks are allowed within the Sports Centres but users have to use plastic bottles which can be properly capped. Glass bottles or containers are strictly prohibited in the Sports Centres.
- Distribution or selling of refreshments or any commodities without prior approval of the IHP Director is prohibited.
- A kiosk and food- / drink-vending machines are available in the Sports Centres.
- Unless it is with the prior permission of the Facility Manager, no decorations, advertisements, posters, flags emblems or other interior decorations can be displayed within or at Sports Centres. Any such decorations duly authorized shall be made of inflammable material and hirers shall be subject to additional charge for putting up the decoration.
- Unless it is with the prior approval of the IHP Director, collection of admission fees or solicitation of donation from participants of the function is strictly prohibited within the Sports Centres.
- The hirer shall not assign or sub-let the benefit of the hiring; otherwise the booking will be cancelled and all the fees paid will be forfeited.
Penalty charges will be applied to the hirer if violation of any above regulations is found.
If you are interested in using our facilities, please visit our webpage on Booking Forms and Charges. Further information or clarification of the above; please contact IHP Booking Officer, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 28174944.